Hey dessert fans! These easy strawberry lemonade popsicles are bursting with flavor. Full of the juicy goodness of strawberries and the tangy zing of lemon, these homemade popsicles are heavenly on a hot summer day! Easy to prep in under 15 minutes.
This strawberry lemonade popsicle recipe is:
- And vegan-friendly!
There's just three easy ingredients (+ water) in these sweet and tangy popsicles:
Lemon Juice: I recommend using freshly squeezed juice.
Strawberries: Ripe, sweet strawberries will give the best flavor. You can also use frozen strawberries for extra convenience!
Sugar: I used organic granulated sugar to ensure vegan friendliness.
Step by step pictures
Here's how to make these irresistible Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles.
Full detailed recipe and quantities are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Step 1 - Combine the lemon juice, sugar and water in a measuring cup or mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Step 2 - Add the strawberries and lemonade mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3 - Pour the blended strawberry mixture into a popsicle mold leaving space at the top to allow for expansion and then add the lid and popsicle sticks.
Step 4 - Freeze for 8 hours or until solid and then unmold and enjoy your homemade pops!
Vicky's Top Tip! Having trouble getting your popsicles out of the mold? Briefly run the mold under warm running water or immerse the base in a pan of warm water for up to 10 seconds to help you get them out.
Substitutions and variations
Refined sugar-free version: Replace granulated sugar with maple syrup or agave nectar to taste.
Substitute the water for coconut milk, for creamy strawberry lemonade popsicles.
Use lime juice or orange juice for a citrusy twist.
These popsicles are the perfect frozen treat for sharing during backyard barbecues, pool parties, or just for a quick cool-down treat on a sweltering day.
Be sure to keep them cool until serving!
Keep your popsicles frozen in sealed bags, plastic wrap or in an airtight container separated by parchment paper for up to a month.
Absolutely! Frozen strawberries work fine, as long as your blender is powerful enough to blend frozen fruit.
You can easily make these tasty popsicles in dixie cups or paper cups. Use foil to hold up the popsicle sticks, or wait until they are partially frozen and then add the popsicle stick so they stand up straight.
Easy Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- 2 cups (275 g) strawberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (150 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (100 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cup (420 ml) water
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar and water in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.½ cup + 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, ½ cup organic granulated sugar, 1 ¾ cup water
- Add the strawberries and lemonade mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended strawberry mixture into a popsicle mold leaving at least ¼ inch or 6mm space at the top to allow for expansion.
- Place the lid on the popsicle mold and then add a popsicle stick in the center of each well, leaving about 1 inch or 3 cm of stick exposed.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until solid.
- Unmold the popsicles by gently pushing from the base as you pull the stick. Alternatively, fill a pan with hot water and place the tips of the popsicle mold in the hot water for 10 seconds to make them release easier.