Let's make some delicious vegan peach muffins. You can have a batch of these juicy peach-filled muffins ready in under 30 minutes!
This small batch vegan peach muffin recipe is:
- Perfect for breakfast or a quick snack
Here’s everything you need to make these delicious vegan peach muffins:
Flour: These are made with regular all-purpose flour. Whole wheat flour is also a good choice for more wholesome and nutty-tasting vegan muffins.
Almond milk: You can also use another non-dairy milk of your choice.
Sugar: I like to use light brown sugar because it goes so well with the peach flavor. An extra sprinkle of sugar on top creates a nice golden brown topping.
Oil: Use any neutral flavored oil of your choice, such as vegetable or canola oil.
Peach: For the best flavor, choose a soft and ripe peach.
Step by step pictures
Here's how to make these vegan peach muffins. Full detailed recipe and quantities are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Step 1 - In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, flax, and salt. Stir to distribute everything evenly.
Step 2 - Combine almond milk, oil, and vanilla in a measuring cup.
Step 3 - Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined.
Step 4 - Stir in the diced peach.
Step 5 - Fill the batter into 4 lined or very well-greased muffin wells and sprinkle some extra sugar on top.
Step 6 - Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 20-23 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
Vicky's Top Tip!
Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones, rather than stirring vigorously, to avoid overworking the batter and get fluffy muffins every time!
Substitutions and variations
Gluten-free: Substitute the all-purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
Nut free: Substitute the almond milk with another non-dairy milk, such as soy milk or oat milk.
Refined sugar-free: Substitute the brown sugar with coconut sugar or another natural sweetener.
Spices: For a warm and cozy twist, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg to the muffin batter.
For a chocolatey twist: Add a sprinkle of vegan chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
Streusel topping: Add a crunchy topping by combining 2 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons demerara sugar, 4 tablespoons finely chopped nuts (almonds or pecans are great), and 1 tablespoon vegan butter and sprinkling it on top of the batter in the muffin pan.
These muffins are best served fresh on the day of baking.
Like our favorite vegan peach cobbler, these muffins are delicious served warm with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
Or enjoy for breakfast with berry compote.
Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
You can also reheat the muffins in the oven before eating for the best taste and texture.
Yes, you can use canned peaches instead of fresh ones. Just make sure to drain any excess liquid before adding. 1 peach is the equivalent of about ⅔ cup of canned peaches.
Yes, you can substitute other fresh fruits, like nectarines, plums, or blueberries, for the peaches.
Vegan Peach Muffins
- ⅔ cup (80 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (50 g) light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) almond milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 medium (125 g) peach diced
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or use more light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Line four cups of a standard muffin pan with paper liners, or grease well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix through.⅔ cup all-purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, ¼ teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Combine the wet ingredients in a measuring cup.⅓ cup almond milk, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the diced peach, taking care not to overmix the batter.1 medium peach
- Divide the batter between the four prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the extra sugar on top.1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan and enjoy!