This recipe for peaches and cream popsicles is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves fruity, creamy desserts! Made with fresh peaches and an easy almond milk pudding, these peach popsicles are fun to make and bursting with flavor.
Nothing beats homemade peach popsicles on a hot summer day! With just a few simple steps, you can create a refreshing treat that will help you beat the summer heat.
These creamy peach popsicles are:
- Vegan and dairy-free
- And delicious!
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this peach popsicle recipe:
Peaches: Use ripe peaches for the best flavor. If your peaches are not quite ripe, you can place them in a paper bag for a day or two to help them ripen faster. Alternatively, add a dash of maple syrup to the peach mixture to sweeten it.
You can peel your peaches first if you want your popsicles to have a brighter color. Boil the peaches in water for around 30 seconds. Remove them using a slotted spoon and plunge them into an ice bath. When cool, you can easily slide the peach skin off.
Almond milk: The flavor of almond goes so well with peaches. If you don't have almond milk on hand, oat or cashew milk are also possibilities.
Lemon juice: This is optional for extra tang. You could also use orange juice.
Step by step pictures
Here's how to make these easy peach popsicles. Full detailed recipe and quantities are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Step 1 - In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with an equal amount of almond milk and mix until smooth.
Step 2 - Make the pudding by combining the remainder of almond milk with sugar over medium heat, bring to a simmer, then add cornstarch mixture and stir constantly until thickened. Set aside to cool.
Step 3 - Make the peach puree by blending sliced peaches and optional lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
Step 4 - Fill the molds with alternating layers of the peach mixture and the almond mixture, then use a butter knife in the wells to roughly swirl the mix together.
Step 5 - Cover the mold with a lid, add the popsicle sticks and freeze for 8 hours.
Step 6 - When fully frozen, unmold and enjoy!
Vicky's top tip!
To make it easier to remove the popsicles, place the tips of the popsicle mold in warm water for 10-30 seconds.
Substitutions and variations
If you don't have cornstarch, you can use arrowroot powder instead.
You can also experiment with swapping some of the peach for different types of fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
For extra flavor, add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the almond milk mixture.
As soon as they are frozen solid, you can enjoy this refreshing treat! These peach popsicles are perfect to have waiting in the freezer for you on a hot day.
Serve them as a fun dessert after a BBQ or picnic, or enjoy them as a mid-day treat.
It's best to remove homemade popsicles from the mold for storage, so they don't take on other flavors or get freezer burn.
Store these peach ice pops in individual sealed plastic bags or wrapped in plastic wrap in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Alternatively, after unmolding you can lay the popsicles on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and refreeze again for around 20 minutes. Then you can place them in a container or freezer bag. The second freezing helps to stop the popsicles sticking to eachother.
Yes, you can. Thaw frozen peaches to make them easier to blend. Canned peaches should be drained before using.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of the almond milk and mix until smooth.3 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 cups almond milk
- In a medium saucepan, add the remainder of the almond milk and the sugar and heat to just below simmering on medium heat.5 tablespoons organic granulated sugar
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the hot almond milk, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue heating, stirring constantly until thick. To test that the pudding is ready, draw a spatula through the pudding, and it should take about a second for the pudding to fill back in.
- Remove from heat. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap to the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the peaches - wash, dry, peel if preferred, stone and then cut into slices.1 pound peaches
- Place sliced peaches and lemon juice if using in a blender and pulse until you have a smooth puree.1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fill the molds with alternating layers of the peach mixture and the almond mixture, then use a butter knife in the wells to roughly swirl the mix together.
- Tap the mold on the kitchen surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the lid on the popsicle mold and then place a popsicle stick in the center of each well, leaving about 1 ½ or 4cm of stick exposed.
- Freeze for 8 hours or until solid.
- Unmold the popsicles by filling a pan with hot water and placing the tips of the popsicle mold in the hot water for 10 seconds to make them release easier.